Monday, August 17, 2020

Mid-August Lunch at Belotti

 

Lattuga ( living butter lettuce, toasted pine nuts, lemon dressing) plenty for 2

          

            To celebrate International Left Hander's Day, I took Dean out to lunch at Belotti in Oakland


This could be Italy but it's College Avenue in Oakland


Casoncelli Bergamaschi


Dean ordered casoncelli, a scrumptious, rich pasta dish that the chef describes as "my mom's Bergamo style stuffed pasta with beef, prosciutto, pork shoulder, grana padana, smoked pancetta, butter and sage."



 Dessert - an americano with a rich version of tiramisu. I had a traditional espresso



     Speaking of mid-August, I love this Italian movie. It's the perfect entertainment for hot summer nights! I saw it in the theatre a few years ago but it's now available from Netflix, so I sent for the DVD  and watched it again (and again!)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely Left-hander's celebration! You make the Summer of 2020 a bit brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the delicious and fun treat. It made being left-handed totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete